FAMILY OF FIVE

FAMILY OF FIVE

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Prayers Please

I feel a little guilty posting this, but feel the need to be honest-both with myself and with you.I realize that we have only been called to adopt since last August, but I am having such a hard time waiting. In my mind I realize that in the adoption world this is often a short time to be into the process, but in my heart I am aching to hold my son. I have been praying for God to prepare my heart, as well as Tim, Tella, Casey's and our sons hearts to bond in a healthy way......I have come to realize that this should and is occuring now even before we know him/them or they know us.
(This is probably accented by Casey turning 16 yesterday, getting her license and driving herself to where she needs to go. Tim going back to work...he is in Cincinatti Ohio from Sunday evening and comes home Thursday late evening. The problem is that my work schedule fluxuates from week to week so I may or may not be home at the same time as Tim.)
We have been tracking our dossier and it has gone from Virginia, New Jersey, Paris and is now in Dubai. I heard from our family coordinator today and she is really unable to give me a definite time from for waiting for a referral.
So.........
I would like to say that I am ok with this and realize it will take time and it is in God's hands, etc., but I am so listless and my heart aches.
I do trust God that our family is in His hands and He knows all the details. Part of my struggle is that in waiting I want to wait in a way that is pleasing to God and now fret over each detail or to allow myself to get so preoccupied with other things that I don't use this time that God has given me for preparation.
I have been reading some scriptures that have given some peace and would like to share. I would like to share these with you as encouragement and also ask you to pray for me and my family as we walk the path that God has and find contentment and joy in it. Our memories of our son are in the making and I want to have wonderful memories to share with him just as I share with Tella and Casey.

Psalm 47:10 Be still and know that I am God.

Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; yor works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Lord I thank you so much for caring so deeply about each of us/about even me! You knew me even before anyone else had even thought about me. Help me to trust You and to be still in You. Help me to always remember that you know me, my current family and the children you have for us and that you care deeply about us. Help me Lord to be still. Thank you Father for your generous love and blessings, Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment