FAMILY OF FIVE

FAMILY OF FIVE

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I 171H BACK and DOSSIER TO AMERICA WORLD

We are so excited to say that our last document has arrived which will allow us to send our dossier to America World for review then on to Ethiopia (DTE). AND the
I171H came back in just 3 weeks.
We mailed out our dossier to AWAA yesterday 3/8/10 after re-reviewing it several times and talking to Nicole Wiegold, family coordinator, to be sure we had all our T's crossed and I's dotted.....I thought this would be such a relief, but let me tell you about the day.
Tim, Tella and I went to mail the package at FedEx and as soon as we walked into the office you could sense the tension in the air. The poor lady at the counter looked as if she were going to cry or spontaneously combust. Sensing her pain and frustration I commented "It looks like you are having a rough day". My thought was that this would help diffuse the situation and make our transaction smoother. At this point she began to tell me about how the debit card machine wouldn't work, she couldn't print receipts or tracking numbers, and the corporate office was not at all being helpful to her. As you can imagine, we were a bundle of nerves as to whether or not our precious dossier would not make it to America World; would it get lost, was it safe to leave it....Tim just kept saying to the women "This is our adoption papers...these are really important documents....etc". I just started praying silently and asking God to keep me calm. We ended up leaving the dossier. Hoping and praying that it would make it. Once we left the office, Tella said I didn't know what to do so I prayed.
It was a long ride home and I asked the Lord to not let satan place doubts in us or steal our joy. He reminded me of scripture that He had recently given to me and scripture that a great friend of mine read and prayed with me. I would like share:)
Psalm 18:19 He brought me out into a spacious place, he rescued me because he delighted in me. 18:28-30 You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning, my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance againsta troop, with my God I can scale a wall. As for God, his way is perfect,the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. 35 You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great!
How blessed am I....How blessed are we that we have a God who loves us so much to stoop down to make us great? To place us in a spacious place and not crunched so we can't move? Who shields us and provides refuge from our enemies? I am so thankful today for God's flawless word that He gives to me...each of us so that WE DO NOT HAVE TO WALK ALONE!!! Lord, I ask that you walk alongside us to give us your strenth, wisdom and courage to walk the path you have for us. Amen
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment