FAMILY OF FIVE

FAMILY OF FIVE

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Struggles and choices made

Since the Lord has called us to adopt in the summer of 2009 we have met a few challenges. The biggest and closest to our hearts has been wondering if our families would be accepting of our son and wanting to please them. This being the closest to our hearts has caused a great deal of soul searching and seeking God's will. I am reminded, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil". Proverbs 4:23&26-27

Recently, I was struggling with our decision; out of selfishness and I was "wrestling" with God as to whether or not this was His plan for our family. Tim was very gracious to allow me this time and to support me in my struggles.

I kept thinking to myself; I just finished up my nursing degree; I love my job; I want to do traveling nursing; I don't know if I want to go back to grade school for a third time; I enjoy having the girls at the ages they are now etc.....As I discussed this with God daily for almost 2 weeks He began to say to me...Who brought you through nursing school and placed you in the job that you love. I (God) knows the deepest desires of your heart....some of which you (Dawn) have even forgotten about.
I really was struggling with what others were saying vs what God was revealing to me. I really knew what God was saying, but Satan was attacking my thoughts.

God said, Dawn I have brought you to this point, I know the desires of your heart....I placed them there and I know the plans I have for you....plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Do not be afraid, for I am with you, I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

There are always choices to be made.....will I fully rely on the Lord without holding back.....will I hold a little back or blatantly disobey. "Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard though the word of Christ". Romans 10:17 (Lesson) In order for me to continue to follow what He is saying it is pertinent that I stay close and listen.

Sometimes God calms the storms around me and sometimes He calms me to withstand the storm. Thank you Lord for always knowing exactly what I need!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment