FAMILY OF FIVE

FAMILY OF FIVE

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Matthew Isaiah

It's 3am and I can't sleep with so many things going in my head..so I write:

I have taken up a new hobby of listening to CD's while traveling to/from work. Specifically, Focus on the Families-Radio Drama CD's and I highly recommend them.
I had just finished listening the the drama called "The Luke Reports" which takes us into a glimpse of what Luke had to do in order the God's word would be documented, thus shared with ALL people about the days that Jesus was on this earth with us. A must listen.....
Anyway, as I pondered the different characters, how the story was written for us to have a better understanding and direction, I began to pray for my own direction.....with my life in general, my family, work, adoption.....you know.....my little world........A bit of an anxious feeling came over me as I looked at each detail and I thought for a moment that I could never accomplish all that was before me. I decided to start the next CD's series called "The Hiding Place". Each of these CD's starts out with a snipit of the point of the story.
To begin, a mother and her two small daughters were going to visit a friend whose young daughter had died. Having seen the little girl who had died while there, one of the daughters became very frightened. That night as her father came to tuck her into bed, she began to cry to him and express fears that he, her mother and sister would die and she would be alone.
The father said, "Corey, when we are going on the train when do I give you your ticket. She replied, when we are entering the train. Her wise father said, That is just how God works.......he gives us what we need; when we need it, so don't worry about what lies ahead, just as I give you your ticket when boarding the train, God will provide what you need at the time".
This has stayed with me over the week. Of how I try to run ahead on my "what if" train while forgetting who is really in charge here. I pray the we all place our faith in Him and realize how much he cares and is truly in control.
Matthew 6:28-34 says; And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow.They do no labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you. O you of little faith? So do no worry, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Isaiah 40:31 says "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wing like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
I don't know about you, but this just makes it a little easier to breath. Praying that we are always walking with the Lord, are being sensitive to His guidance, relying on Him, and truly seeing and appreciating all He has done and continues to do for each of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment