FAMILY OF FIVE

FAMILY OF FIVE

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It changed my life forever!!


Sisters by blood best friends by choice!


Hey ya'll .
this is my frist time blogging!i don't even know where to start..it goes back to May 2009.. I was at school outside walking the track with some friends, when my mom called,we talked then she went on to ask me what i thought about going to Africa with my her my sister and my pastors and his family.i didn't know what to say!! I was so excited i couldn't talk.=). shortly after she came and picked me up from school..we were off to get stuff done for my passport! I couldn't believe I was going to AFRICA!!! When everything was done i was really excited but scared.When Miss Cindy called telling us that we were leaving in two weeks i was so nerves sad scared but happy at the same time! (CRAZYNESS)See it was the end of the school year for me so that means exams friends graduation and stressing about grades..but my teachers were awesome and let me take my exams early. so we were off the DC. It felt like the longest ride of my life. I remember texting one of my best friends Michelle telling her i was scared and didn't know if i wanted to go. But like always she was there talking to me and i felt allot better.We got to DC it was nice we didn't have to wait in allot of lines it was pretty smooth....then the plane ride...have i told you, that was my first plane ride...i LOVED it!! it was long but so worth it..The stop in Rome was so amazing.I guess after sitting in history class reading about it all these year and then I'm in the middle of the city, that was very exciting to me!A few more hour and we were in Addis Abba.My first steps in Africa i wanted to cry i couldn't believe i was really there. it felt like a dream.We all went threw the airport very smoothly, my family waited at the gaits for all the other familys to get there..finally the whole group was there.it was time to go out in the city. =D! As we were driving threw it hit me how good i have it in America.i wanted to take back every time i was unhappy about something that just wasn't right..when i saw people sleeping on streets eating fruit that had gone bugs on it and begging for food and money.it really hit my heart! i was so happy that Pastor Don and his family were adoption and helping kids. I started thinking how could I help..how could I change someones life? I saw allot that week..allot of it scared me and made me very sad!when i came back i was a new person. I was more open and close with my mom and sister, Tella really loved Africa and i have to thank her because if it wasn't for her i wouldn't have been able to go.I tell my friends at school you know you don't know how good you have it..you have a school to go to ,family that loves you, and food to eat. but before my trip to Africa i was just like them i didn't know anything else i just knew what i wanted,took so much for granted and was just unhappy with everything..it was almost four months after our trip and god would not let go of my heart and just kept saying YOU can do something, at first i just blew it off and kept going.til one night i was sitting with my mom and i couldn't stop thinking about it and at that point i had clue what god was doing i just have to trust him and talk to my mom..before i knew it we were both crying. My mom promised she would talk to my dad about adopting. At first it was a big fat NO! but god did work on everyone's heart and wouldn't stop until we stoped living for US and started listening and living for HIM! When my mom and dad told us that we were going to adopt tella and I were so excited to be getting a little brother!!! We started doing paper work and sending stuff it's all getting more real every day.we have had 2 home studies they have gone very well..our last one is next Monday. =) so please pray for us as we get one step closer to bring our little guy home!! =)

Lots of love, Casey.





No comments:

Post a Comment