FAMILY OF FIVE

FAMILY OF FIVE

Thursday, August 12, 2010

TEENS ROCK

Yesterday we realized that our original plan fell through for getting the bookbags. Well, I should say our original plan fell through. God's however was smooth sailing! You know I hear a lot of people complaining about "our youth today" and I have always felt offended by these remarks and felt them unjust. Yesterday the youth in my circle, if you will, showed just how amazing they truly are.
After Casey heard the news about the lack of bookbags, she immediately said, "I will text my friends". So off she went. Within 2 hours teens started showing up at our front door. As of now, we have 10 of the 17 needed to take to our friends and Casey, with confidence in her eyes and voice said, "Don't worry mom we will get all that we need". WOW!!!
1 Timothy 4:12 tells us, "Do not let anyone look down because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life,in love, in faith and in purity".
Psalm 119:9 says "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word."
These youth are awesome; living out their faith! I can imagine God looking down on their activities and on their hearts and smiling from ear to ear with pride in His children. Our God Reigns!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment