FAMILY OF FIVE

FAMILY OF FIVE

Friday, July 2, 2010

OUR CARPET IS WORN OUT......

To be totally honest, I have not been a patient waiter the past week. My poor kids, husband and dear friends have all had to withstand me talking nonstop, pacing the floors, checking email etc. BUT

We have a court date JULY 20th.
After working midnights I came home and the girls were both gone for the day so Tim and I were catching up after him being away at work for the week. I told him at 11:30
that we wouldn't be getting a call from our agency, America World, today as the time in Ethiopia was then 19:30 (7:30pm. At 12:05 the phone rang....area code 703....I said "Tim this is them" He looked puzzled as I answered the phone. Anna said she had good news...court date July 20 and we need to be in Addis by July 17 PM. She said to call the travel agent and if I could get the flight information back to them before 1400 (2pm) then America World would review the information and may be able to confirm whether or not these would work for our transportation in Ethiopia.
Forgot to ask Susan Parr phone number, so I googled it....what did I do before Google? I explained to the receptionist the urgency of getting this accomplished quickly as AWAA is leaving office at 2pm. As if she couldn't tell the urgency by my voice.....
Made a few phone calls, facebook, text...to get the word out.
At 1330 1:30pm Susan Parr herself had three flights emailed to us for review!!!Impressive!!!
We quickly read each one and forwarded the one we chose to America World at 1350 1:50pm. Did I mention that those staff members were leaving at 1400????
At 1355 I got an email back and our choice of flights was accepted. YYYYAAAHHH!!!!
Only 16 days til Tim and I meet our Son!!!WOW We are a little excited to say the least.I have a lot of thoughts about how the paper pregnancy is very much like a physical pregancy that I will try to share soon. Sorry, My mind is going crazy.
Thank each of you for your prayers for us. Please continue to pray for travel, the girls while we are away, D's heart/health/bonding. That he is well fed, loved, secure....Thank you Lord for sustaining us, for giving my family strength to withstand me, for D, our friends prayers for our family, for Tim and my employers working with us with schedules and my awesome coworkers for trading with me to fit my schedule so I don't have to us all my PDO at one time, for knowing the path that You have for us and guiding us on it. Love Dawn

1 comment:

  1. We received the FBC newsletter today and I was so excited to see your blog address. From Casey's facebook page I knew you were getting close. So exciting! You are a great family for very lucky "D". Judy Smith

    ReplyDelete